Introducing the USB SideFlipper
The USB SideFlipper offers a compact, fast, quiet and simple method of automating a beam path control. It provides a self-powered method of control unmatched in size, simplicity, and cost.
- USB Powered and controlled Optical Flipper.
- Motorized, flipping of filters, mirrors, or lens.
- Holds standard 1.0” (25mm) optics with 1.0” mounting/retaining rings.
- Built-in magnetic position sensor provides positive real time feedback of the Flipper’s position.
- Flipper mounts on standard optical tables with ¼-20 screws on 1.0” centers.
- Low power motor is energized only when lifting the optic (extending). A spring returns it to the retracted position in case of power failure.
- Quiet long life stepper motor operation for extending or retracting the optic (no clunking).
- USB Hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Easy to use Windows (XP/Vista) based User Interface software, LabView drivers included.
- A Quad System comes with four Flippers, an externally powered 4-port USB Hub and 10’ (3 meter) USB cables.
USB Side Flipper Software
A Windows based user interface is provided for individual control of up to four Optical Flippers. Status (red/green) indicators on the panel will provide indication of whether the Flipper is properly connected and whether it is extended or retracted. The Flip button is clicked to toggle the position of the Flipper. Each Flipper is identified by its serial number located on the Flipper. Descriptive labels can also be assigned to each Flipper. The assignments are stored and activated with the Reset/Store click button.
A DLL (C++) file and LabView examples are also provided to help you integrated the USB SideFlipper into your automated test system or product application.