Introducing the USB Gradient Wheel
Picard’s USB Gradient Wheel system offers a compact, quiet and simple method of automating the positioning of a gradient filter disk into a beam path. It provides a self-powered method of control unmatched in size, simplicity, and cost. The system comes complete with custom application software examples that operate on any standard PC with a Windows-XP/VISTA/Win7 operating system. This software, along with the LabView examples, use our DLL files to allow you to integrate the gradient wheel function into your custom control system. Each USB-GradientWheel is assigned a serial number to allow multiple units to be controlled from a single PC using externally powered USB hubs.
- USB powered gradient wheel positioning system.
- Holds gradient wheels up to 4.0” (100mm) diameter (not included).
- 340 degree with 0.5 degree resolution motorized or manual control of the gradient wheel’s position with active absolute positional sensing.
- Low power, motor is energized only when the gradient wheel is in motion.
- Quiet long life stepper motor operation for reliable and repeatable gradient wheel positioning.
- USB hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Easy to use PC Windows (XP/Vista/Win7) based User Interface software, LabView examples included.
- Mounts on standard optical tables with ¼-20 fasteners on 1.0” (25mm) centers.
USB Rotator Software
The provided Windows based user interface can be used to control the USB Gradient Wheel. Status (red/green) indicators on the panel will provide indication of whether the gradient wheel is properly connected to a USB hub or port with the correctly entered serial number. The positional location of the wheel is active and continually updated. The wheel can be manually moved by hand or moved with the Run, Stop and arrow click buttons. The positional range value is (1-800) increments for a (1-340) degrees of rotation. A descriptive label can also be assigned to each unit.