Introducing the USB Rotator System
The USB Rotator is a unique, relatively low cost, stepper motor driven system for rotating a 1.0″ (25 mm) optical element. It is powered and controlled solely by a standard USB port. This system provides the method of rotary motion control unmatched in size, simplicity, and ease of use.
The USB Rotator includes a Windows based application software that runs on any standard PC with Windows-XP or higher and a USB port. This user interface provides an easy to use method for positional control. All positioning movements are monitored with an absolute position sensor.
- USB powered and controlled optical rotator.
- Holds standard 1.0” (25mm) optics with 1.0” mounting/retaining rings.
- Ring clamp with thumb screws provided for larger (35 mm) optics.
- 90 degree rotation with 200 steps of resolution (about 0.5 deg/step).
- Mounts on standard optical tables with ¼-20 /M6 screws on 1.0”/ 25mm centers.
- Motorized or manual override control of the Rotator’s position.
- Low power, motor is energized only when the rotator is moving.
- Absolute positional sensing is used to insure proper positioning, no homing required.
- USB hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Easy to use Windows (XP and higher) based User Interface software, DLL file included.
- Multiple Rotators can be operated with an externally powered USB Hub and cables.
USB Rotator Software
The provided Windows based user interface can control a single USB-Rotator. Status (red/green) indicators on the panel will provide indication of whether the Rotator is properly connected to the USB hub/port and its positional location. The Run, Stop and arrow buttons are clicked with the mouse to move the Rotator to a new position. Each is identified by its serial number located on its base. A descriptive label can also be assigned to each unit. The assignment is stored with the serial number.