Introducing the USB Linear Slide
The USB Linear Slide is a relatively low cost system for precision linear motion. Powered and controlled solely by a standard USB port, this system provides the method of linear motion control unmatched in size, simplicity, and ease of use. The USB Linear Slide application software runs on any standard PC with Windows-XP with a standard USB port. This user interface provides for velocity (step speed), and position (step) control. All position movements are relative to the home (fully retracted) position. A built-in magnetic (Hall) sensor is used to establish this home position. The software provides a homing function to properly use this sensor.
- Small low cost stepper motor controlled linear slide ($485 each, single piece).
- Draws power from a standard USB port , no external power supply required.
- Self-contained (onboard) control electronics and driver.
- Small system size of 4.5 X 12 cm (1.75” X 4.75”).
- Force of about 500g Loads (~1 pounds).
- Linear range motion of about 12mm (~0.5”).
- Position resolution of 6.4 microns (0.00025”).
- Power efficient, holds position with no power.
- Built-in magnetic (Hall effect) home sensor.
- PC Windows interface for easy motion control.
USB Linear Slide Software
This software comes on a CD and will automatically begin the setup process upon insertion into any standard PC with a Windows-XP/VISTA operating system. After the software has been successfully loaded, simply attach the USB-Slide to a USB port with the provided cable. The software will auto-detect the connection and allow you to begin controlling the position of the motor/slide.