Introducing the USB Motor Controller
The USB-Motor is a motion control device for precision linear motion. Powered and controlled solely by a standard USB port, this device provides the method of linear motion control unmatched in size, simplicity, and ease of use.
The USB-Motor application software runs on any standard PC running Windows-XP or higher with a USB port. This user interface provides for velocity (step speed), and position (step) control with all position movements relative to the home (fully retracted) position. The software provides this homing function using a built-in magnetic (Hall) sensor to reliably detect the retracted (home) position.
- Small Low cost stepper motor (USB) control system ($ 295.00 single piece price).
- Draws power from a standard USB port.
- Small Motor size of 25mm diameter (1.0”).
- Force of about 1.0 Kg Loads (~2.2 pounds).
- Linear range motion of about 12mm (~0.5”).
- Position resolution of 6.4 microns (0.00025”).
- Step speeds from 100 – 1000 steps/sec.
- Power efficient, holds position with no power.
- Built-in magnetic (Hall effect) home sensor.
- PC Windows interface for easy motion control. Includes DLL functions with LabView examples.
USB Motor Controller Software
Windows based control software is provided with the USB-Motor device. It is downloaded from our website and installed on any standard PC running Windows-XP or higher. After installation, click the desktop icon to open this application shown below. Simply enter and set the device’s serial number and attach the USB-Motor to a standard USB port. The software will auto-detect the connection and allow you to begin controlling the device. We provide a DLL file of functions for controlling this device from your own Windows based application (ex. LabView).