Introducing the USB Optical Shutter
- USB powered and controlled shutter.
- Draws power from a standard USB port.
- Auto closing shutter (return spring) if power or communications is lost.
- Quiet stepper motor operation (no clunk) to open and close.
- USB hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Mounts on standard optical tables with 1⁄4 – 20 screws on 1.0” centers.
- Clear beam aperture of 0.75 inches or ~ 19.0 Millimeters.
- One meter USB cable included.
- Easy to use Windows (XP and higher) based User Interface software included.
- LabView and C++ example software with a DLL file provided for ease of automation.
USB Optical Shutter Software
We provide this Windows example program for timed control of an individual USB Shutter. Each shutter is identified by its serial number located on the shutter. Enter this number and click Set to connect. Status (red/green) indicators are used to show whether the shutter is properly connected to the USB port and whether it is opened or closed. The shutter button is clicked to toggle the shutter state. Timed exposures are accomplished by entering time values and selecting a Pulse mode. Source code for this program and LabView examples are also provide as a tutorial for using our DLL file that controls the shutter.