Introducing the USB Twister System
The Picard USB Twister is a unique, relatively low cost, stepper motor control system for simple rotary motion. It is powered and controlled solely by a standard USB port. This system provides the method of rotary motion control unmatched in size, simplicity, and ease of use. The USB-Twister comes complete with Windows based application software that runs on any standard PC with Windows-XP/Vista and a USB port. This user interface provides for velocity (step speed), and position (step) control. All positioning movements are relative to a Zero (user selectable) position.
- Small Low cost USB controlled stepper motor system ($275.00 single piece price) Draws power from a standard USB port.
- Small Motor size of 28mm square (size 11).
- Torque force of about 7.0 N-cm (~10 in-oz).
- Continuous and absolute rotary motions.
- Position resolution of 1.8 degrees (200 step/rev).
- USB hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Multi-motor control with self-powered USB Hubs.
- Power efficient, power used only when moving.
- Selectable step speeds and jogging steps.
- PC Windows interface for easy motion control Includes LabView Drivers and C++ DLL files.
USB Twister Software
This software comes on a CD and will auto install upon insertion into any standard PC with a Windows-XP/VISTA operating system. After the software has been successfully loaded, simply insert the motor’s serial number and attach the USB-Twister to a standard USB port.
The software will auto-detect the connection and allow you to begin controlling the position of the motor. Multiple motors can be connected by using externally powered USB hubs. Open multiple applications of this software and assign each with the serial numbers of the USB-Twister motors. LabView examples and DLL files will allow the user to automate this control functionality directly into their own custom application.