Introducing the USB Laser Module
The USB Laser Module is a unique, relatively low cost, laser diode control system. It is powered and controlled solely by a standard USB port. This system provides the method of automated PC Laser control unmatched in size, simplicity, and ease of use. For typical use in the alignment and positioning of beam-line components.
The USB Laser includes a Windows based, application software that runs on any standard PC with Windows-XP/Vista and a USB port. This user interface provides for manual control of the Laser diode.
- USB powered and controlled Laser Diode ($97.00 single piece price).
- Draws power from a standard USB port of a PC.
- Small module size of 1.6”x 1.0”x 0.8” (40x25x20).
- Standard ¼-20 threaded optical table mounting.
- Class IIIA , less than 3mW @ 650nm Wavelength.
- Remote Laser Diode control (On/Off and Pulsing).
- Convenient USB hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Multi-Laser control possible with external USB Hubs.
- PC Windows interface for easy laser control.
- Includes a DLL file with LabView and C++ Examples.
USB Laser Module Software
This software comes on a CD and will auto install upon insertion into any standard PC with a Windows-XP/VISTA operating system. After the software has been successfully loaded, simply insert the USB-Laser’s serial number and attach it to a standard USB port. The software will auto-detect the connection and allow you to begin controlling (On/Off/Pulse) the laser diode. Multiple USB-Lasers can be connected together by using an externally powered USB hub. Open multiple applications of this software and assign each with the serial number of each USB-Laser. A DLL file is provided with LabView and C++ examples to allow the user to automate this control functionality directly into their own custom application.