Introducing the USB Iris Shutter
- USB powered and controlled (25mm) motorized Iris.
- Iris can be completely close and act as a Shutter.
- Also holds 1.0” optics in the center with 1.0” mounting/retaining rings (included).
- About 200 aperture selections from closed to fully open.
- Mounts on standard optical tables with ¼-20 /M6 screws on 1.0”/ 25mm centers.
- Iris can be manually (override) controlled.
- Low power, motor is energized only when the rotator is moving.
- Absolute positional sensing is used to insure proper positioning, no power-up homing required.
- USB Hot pluggable with Auto-detection.
- Easy to use Windows (XP and higher) based User Interface software, DLL file included.
- Multiple units can be operated with an externally powered USB Hub and cables.
USB Iris Shutter Software
The provided Windows based user interface can control a single USB Iris Shutter. Status (red/green) indicators on the panel will provide indication of whether the Iris is properly connected to the USB hub/port and its positional location. The Run, Stop and arrow buttons are clicked with the mouse to move the Iris to a new position. Each is identified by its serial number located on its base. A descriptive label can also be assigned to each unit. The assignment is stored with the serial number. Below is a sample of what the user interface panel looks like.