Introducing the USB Fiber Shutter
The USB Fiber Shutter is designed to couple a fiber optic cable through the USB-Shutter.
- USB powered and controlled shutter.
- The USB Fiber Shutter is designed to couple a fiber optic cable through the USB-Shutter.
- Draws power from a standard USB port.
- Auto closing shutter (return spring) if power or communications is lost.
- Quiet stepper motor operation (no clunk) to open and close a simple shutter paddle.
- USB hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Mounts provided for optical tables or posts.
- Threaded SM05 mounts on both sides of the box.
- One meter USB cable included.
- Easy to use Windows (XP and higher) based User Interface software included.
- LabView and C++ example software with a DLL file provided.
USB Fiber Shutter Software
We provide this Windows example program for timed control of an individual USB-Fiber Shutter. Each shutter is identified by its serial number located on the shutter. Enter this number and click Set to connect. Status (red/green) indicators are used to show whether the shutter is properly connected to the USB port and whether it is opened or closed. The shutter button is clicked to toggle the shutter state. Timed exposures are accomplished by entering time values and selecting a Pulse mode. Source code for this program and LabView examples are also provided as a tutorial for using our DLL file that controls the shutter.