Introducing the Quad USB Shutter System
The Picard Quad USB Shutter System offers a compact, quiet and simple method of beam blocking multiple beams at a relatively low cost. The unit comes complete with 4 USB shutters, 3-meter USB cables, an externally powered Hub and a custom application software program (user interface) that runs on any standard PC with a Windows-XP/VISTA operating system. This system provides self-powered method of beam path shutter control that is unmatched in size, simplicity, and cost.
- USB powered and controlled shutter system.
- Four independently controlled, beam blocking, pivoting paddle, type shutters.
- Easy to use Windows (XP/Vista) based User Interface with LabView and DLL support included.
- Hot pluggable with auto-detection.
- Auto closing shutter whenever power or communications is lost or disconnected.
- Quiet long life stepper motor operation for opening or closing (no clunking).
- Externally powered 4-port USB Hub with 10’ (3 meter) USB cables included.
- Shutter mounts on standard optical tables with ¼-20 screws on 1.0” centers.
- Clear beam aperture of 0.75” (19.0mm).
- A hard stop defines the closed position.
Quad USB Shutter Software
The Quad USB Shutter user interface provides individual control of up to four shutters. Status (red/green) indicators on the panel will provide indication of whether the shutters are properly connected to the USB hub and whether they are open or closed. The shutter button is clicked with the mouse to toggle the shutter from open to close, or close to open. Each shutter is identified by its serial number located on the shutter. Descriptive labels can be assigned to each shutter. The assignments are stored and activated with the Reset/Store click button.