Introducing the USB LabJack
The USB LabJack is a compact, efficient and simple method of motorizing a Newport Model 271 Lab Jack. This enhanced automated lab jack can lift loads of up to 250 N (~55lbs) a distance of 40 mm with only the power of a standard USB 2.0 port. This provides a USB powered method of positional control unmatched in size, simplicity, and cost. The system comes complete with our Windows based USB-Motor application that operates on any PC with Windows-XP or higher. The user interface provides for velocity (step speed), and position (step) control. A built-in magnetic (Hall) sensor is used to establish the (fully retracted) Home position. All position movements are relative to this Home position. A DLL file of functions is provided for integrating the device into your own application software.
- Compact motorized Lab Jack system ($1,865.00 single piece price).
- Draws power from a standard USB2.0 port.
- USB controlled position and velocity.
- Lifts loads of 25 Kg (~55pounds).
- Range of lift motion is about 40 mm.
- Lift resolution of about 0.5 micron/step.
- Power efficient, holds position with no power.
- Built-in magnetic (Hall effect) Home sensor.
- PC Windows interface for easy motion control, Includes LabView and C++ examples with a DLL file of functions.
USB LabJack Software
To the left is a screen shot of the control software that is provided with the USB LabJack device. This USB-Motor V1.9 application operates on any standard PC with a Windows-XP or higher operating system. Simply insert the device serial number and attach the USB cable to a standard USB port. The software will auto-detect the connection and allow you to begin controlling the position of the motor. Initialize the LabJack by clicking the Home button. Once it is fully retracted, position commands will be relative to the Home position. Slowest speed (1) provides highest torque for lifting.